21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- An understanding of electronics
PCB (Printed Circuit Board) Circuit Design refers to the process of designing, etching, and printing circuits on a signal boards layout. Altium Designer is a freely available desktop application for designing PCBs.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use the Altium software to create PCB circuit boards. The course starts by examining a set of existing schematics, then drawing out an original circuit in Altium. The training steps through process for designing and manufacturing the circuit board.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create a Printed Circuit Board (PCB) from any schematic
- Create schematics and design circuit boards using Altium
- Print and etch a physical circuit board
- Export the industry-standard files for sending to a large-scale manufacturer
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Getting Started with PCB Design Software and Tools
- Installing and Configuring Altium
- Overview of Altium features and component libraries
PCB Design Overview
- Why design a custom schematic?
- Circuit properties of a PCB
- Overview of single-sided, double-sided and multi-layered PCB designs.
- Overview of software design and construction process
Designing the PCB
- Examining an existing schematic
- Drawing a schematic in Altium
- Designing a circuit board in Altium
- Checking board for errors
- Generating files for manufacturing the boards
- Constructing the physical board (equipment, materials and process)
- Selecting the electronic components
- Constructing the circuit board
- Designing your own components
Summary and Conclusion
Basic steps that are very useful when in schematic/ PCB workspace and presented Advanced features, actual demos to follow
hedda david - Allegro Microsystems Philippines, Inc.
The trainer ensures that every body is on the same page and everyone understood what he is saying. He is also very helpful when someone needs help. Training course is also very informative.
Ronrick Rueda - Allegro Microsystems Philippines, Inc.
to learn new software in designing pcb
Allegro Microsystems Philippines, Inc.
A relaxed environment and a steady pace.
Aldorey Alcantara - Allegro Microsystems Philippines, Inc.
Symbol, Footprint and Schematic creation
Ma. Virginia Virador - Allegro Microsystems Philippines, Inc.
The topic is very interesting specially when the trainer started to introduced the basic functions, panels and shortcut keys. We really enjoyed the good features of 2D and 3D tools that allow the team to easily toggle and getting the idea of what the board will actually look like after assembled.
Joyce Macaranas - Allegro Microsystems Philippines, Inc.